http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy210/westonjenny/Little%20Things%20Blog/BESTHEARTEDIT.jpg

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

forty

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy birthday to me!

I can't wait to eat my cupcake tonight!  We each got to pick a flavor.  Mine is coconut.  Thanks to my sister for introducing me to these very naughty treats.  They are divine.  You can get them here in Bountiful.

Highlights of my day:

Ty took the day off of work and forced me to sleep in while he got the kids ready for school and did the carpool thing.

Jake was in the spelling bee at school and made it to the third round (equator-correct, suffrage-correct, globalazation-incorrect).

I went to lunch with Ty to Market Street Grill.  Hooray for their crab festival!!!

My sister stopped by with a very thoughtful gift.  Thank you.

Jake wrote a song for me on his synthesizer.  It is called "Happy Birthday Mom."  Jake played it while Porter sang it.  Cutest thing ever.

I received multiple multiple birthday wishes via phone, email and facebook from many people in my life.  I am blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.

Not so great things about today:

I woke up with a cold.

I renewed my driver's license today and my picture is awful.  Really awful. 

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Hard to believe our baby girl is 40 - but you just keep getting better all the time. NO ONE HAS A GOOD PICTURE ON THEIR DRIVERS LICENSE!!! love you a lot, mom and dad xoxoxoxoxo

Shauna said...

I totally agree with mom .... no worries on your DL picture. They're ALL BAD! So happy you had a great day! I can't believe my LITTLE SISTER is 40 either!!!!!

Smith Family said...

Happy birthday, my friend! Sounds like a great day.

PS - How is it possible that you're 40?!