http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy210/westonjenny/Little%20Things%20Blog/BESTHEARTEDIT.jpg

Friday, March 26, 2010

3-2-1...GO!

Jake's Pinewood Derby was last night.  Luckily he was able to go--he has been home sick with a fever for the last 2 days.  His temp finally came down enough on its own the afternoon of the race, so I let him go.  Whew!  There are some pretty serious car racers in our pack, so the chances of coming in 1st, 2nd or 3rd are very slim.  Jake came in around 7th, which I thought was pretty good with almost 20 boys!  And Jake had a good time which, of course, is all that really matters, right?  (yeah right-try convincing some of the dads of this!)

pinewood derby 2010 2

pinewood derby 2010 3
Here is Ty and Jake doing some emergency surgery on Jake's car after it crashed at the finish line because someone bumped the track. 

pinewood derby 2010 1
The car on the far left was the one that took first place!    

pinewood derby 2010 4
This makes it look like Jake won, but in this heat he came in second.  Only 3 cars were racing and the first one had already passed out of picture range.  You have to be FAST with your camera!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Jake, that is a good looking car. I don't think any of your uncles ever took first place and your grandpa had a lot of practice 'helping' them having 7 boys and I don't know how many cars. Ty, didn't know you had that grey hair. I learned a long time ago that light shining on your head brings out all the grey. Very distinguished though, I like it.

Ty said...

I think the pinewood derby has added a few gray hairs. We are gonna win it for sure next year! :)

Brooke said...

Awesome car Jake (Ty!) Jordan just finished with his pinewood derby as well. Lots of fun- wish we lived closer! :)