http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy210/westonjenny/Little%20Things%20Blog/BESTHEARTEDIT.jpg

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ready, Aim.....Fire!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There's nothing like driving out to the middle of nowhere on Stansbury Island in your minivan with a car full of kids to shoot your .22!  This was our Memorial Day: part 2.  (you may or may not agree with this "family activity", but I can say that we were all EXTREMELY careful and vigilant with gun safety!)


We were supposed to go to Nephi to visit some graves of our ancestors, but as everyone was getting into the van to leave, I closed the back of the van right onto Porter's head. Ouch! We spent the next couple of hours at the local instacare getting 3 stitches in his head (notice the bandaid just below his hairline--what a trooper!)


Needless to say, we didn't go to Nephi.  Later that afternoon when Porter was feeling better, we went out to shoot our guns.  It was pretty fun--for everyone except Reagan (notice the last picture!) She refused to come shoot and stayed by the van the whole time. I felt bad, but what can you do?  At least we had Oreos and Pringles!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

best to teach your kids gun safety yourself, so you know they get it right! xoxoxoxoxo

Smith Family said...

My husband would love that family activity. I, however, am terrified of guns. So, I'd join Raegan by the van. :)

Brooke said...

you guys are so cool!