This is the summer Porter learned how to swim. This is no small feat for Porter. This is my child who, at the beginning of the summer, absolutely did NOT want to take swimming lessons. He cried because I said he had to.
This is my child who has had some strange fears about water. A few years ago he was terrified of running water. In order to get him to have a bath, I had to secretly fill the tub with the door shut so he couldn't hear it. I could NOT run the bath water with him knowing it.
More recently he has had a fear of flushing or running toilets. Unfortunately, that all started when Ty and I were out on a date one night and the toilet flooded over onto the bathroom floor. The kids were panicked and that pretty much sent Porter over the edge. For a long time (almost a year), Porter made me watch the toilet until it stopped running after it was flushed. Thankfully he is starting to overcome that!
So for him to put his face in the water and actually SWIM, well... I couldn't be prouder! And more importantly, Porter LOVED his swimming lessons!
I love watching Porter float. He could float like that for over a minute!
Look! His face is IN the water!!!
2 comments:
congratulations Porter! I didn't learn to swim till I was 15, and I didn't learn very well. xoxoxoxoxo
Way to go Porter, that's amazing.
Post a Comment