Grandma Eva Hansen
Grandma and me
Grandma with me, Chris and Brady
I have been re-typing a history of sorts about my Grandma Hansen. It isn't really a history of her life, but rather remembraces of her by my older cousins.
My grandma died when I was 5 years old. Sadly, I don't have many memories of her at all. Re-typing all of these memories about her from my cousins has made me kind of sad. Sad because I never really knew her. Sad because I didn't get to have the same kind of experiences with her as my older cousins and siblings did. I feel like I have really missed out on a great thing. On the other hand, it is fun learning more about her and the kind of person she was. I can't wait to meet her (again) someday!
My memories of her are few and vague, but here they are:
- I remember walking on the cement sidewalk up to her door to visit her on a Sunday afternoon, my older sister was barefoot and showed me the cracks in her feet
- I remember playing leap frog around the perimeter of her grass in her backyard
- I remember seeing her lying in bed after she had her stroke and being kind of scared of her because she looked really sick
2 comments:
I LOVE this post!!! And who would that sister be that showed you the cracks in her feet?!!? =) Debbie? My favorite memory of Grandma Hansen was when I drove with her ... just her and me ... to Mayfield. She would suck on coffee candy so she would stay awake behind the wheel. This terrified me as a young girl. I sat side ways in my seat the whole way down and back and didn't take my eyes off of her!!!!!!! Her flowers were beautiful, ALWAYS! She is definitely dad's mother!!
Those pictures look great! I am so glad you are doing this. I am grateful that I took a lot of pictures and they are available for anyone, tho they aren't the best in the world. I always loved those pictures. xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment