Saturday, February 13, 2010
Sweethearts 5K
This morning Ty and I ran our first 5K ever!!!! And I have to say it was soooo much fun! We are not major athletes (obviously!) and I was very intimidated by the whole "race scene" and being around so many buff women in tight pants! Ty had a goal to run a 5K this year, but didn't expect to reach that goal until the END of the year. So we signed up for this one just as a "practice." Ty broke his leg 10 years ago and has never really been able to run since then because of his poor circulation (caused by the break) and pain in that leg. So we weren't really sure how this race was going to go. We ended up slow jogging together the whole time, never having to stop and walk--which, especially for Ty, is a MAJOR accomplishment! The longest he has ever been able to run on his leg was 1/2 mile before having to stop and walk. Way to go Ty!!! I am so proud of you and us for doing this!!!!! Now we seriously can't wait to sign up for another 5K!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It was fun running with you Jenny! Thanks for encouraging me!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is quite the accomplishment ... especially in this weather!
Way to go! I didn't even know you were planning on doing something like this. Dad says Congratulations too and he wants to know who were the sponsors of the race and where it was at.xoxoxo
I'm jealous . . . :-)
Post a Comment