Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Grandpa's Cabin
We spent this past weekend at Grandpa's cabin. It was a perfect getaway. We are so grateful that my dad shares his cabin with us. I absolutely love it up there. We didn't do much, which was perfect. We just needed a nice relaxing weekend not full of plans. We went to the Oakley Rodeo, played tennis, watched movies, took naps, played on the tire swing, played games, did puzzles, went on walks, played ping-pong, and visited with friends and family. We all had a blast and got the rest we needed!
I love seeing the new growth on pine trees. I love feeling how soft the needles are and the contrast in color to the old needles.
I guess we did a little work up there. Ty and the boys drilled some holes in a tree stump (left from a gi-normous pine tree that my dad and brothers cut down a couple of weeks ago) and poured in round up in an attempt to kill the thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It sounds like a perfect weekend!!! I've missed your blog!
I am SO GLAD you had a great time. That is the only reason (for me) to even have the cabin, to see my children/grandchildren enjoy it. I loved the pictures! love you all xoxoxoxoxoxo
Sounds perfect!
Post a Comment