http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy210/westonjenny/Little%20Things%20Blog/BESTHEARTEDIT.jpg

Friday, July 29, 2011

Olympic National Park

Photobucket
While we were in Washington, we took an afternoon to visit Olympic National Park. It was so beautiful and well worth the drive.  We took a short hike on the Marymere Falls trail. 


Photobucket
Check out the size of that slug!  Gross!  (don't you love the look on Porter's face?!)


Photobucket
Everything was covered with moss.  It was one of the prettiest hikes I've ever been on (well, I actually wouldn't call it a hike--more like a walking trail with a waterfall at the end).


Photobucket
The prize at the end of the walk!


Photobucket
Our nephew Nikita came with us.  What a cool kid!


Photobucket
Cool looking log that Porter wanted me to take a picture of.


Photobucket
Notice the little bee above the flowers?


Photobucket
The colors at this lake were amazing.  The water was so clear.  Pretty!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. The last picture is almost artificial looking. What exactly is a slug? Funny you and Heidi both posted one on your blogs at the same time. Keep the pictures coming, love them! Mom xoxo

Smith Family said...

Wow - gorgeous! That slug is disgusting. I think I need to plan a trip to WA!